ICE is Here (on the street, in court, in a car)

Do I have to give the officers my ID?

If the ICE officer demands your ID, only show a driver’s license or another ID issued by the U.S. government. 

DO NOT give the officer any false or foreign documents such as a passport, consular ID, or an expired visa. 

  • In New York, the DRIVER must show the officer a driver’s license.

  • If you are the PASSENGER, you do NOT have to show the officer an ID or give any personal information, including your name, address, or place of birth. 

    • First ASK: “Am I free to go?” 

    • Then SAY: “I don’t consent to give you any ID or answer your questions.”